A blog dedicated to southern interiors, cuisine, apparel and all things in the southern style



Thursday, March 24, 2011

Decorating With A White Palette

I love the white tongue and groove paneling and the WINDOWS!!  You can never have enough natural sunlight in a room; it makes everything prettier.  The white background really helps the beautiful aqua and chartreuse colors pop.  I think I would replace the metal chairs with three traditional wooden chairs to balance out the modern patterns on the pillows.

I absolutely love this neutral color scheme with just a few hints of color to warm it up.  I could so see this room in an old renovated Federal style home or maybe a place in the French Quarter.

 This white kitchen reminds me of many that I have seen throughout the south.  We love our white cabinetry, white beadboard, white tile and wood floors.  Such a great combination.  I tend to be drawn to more traditional style with a little bit of a twist but I love these modern stainless steel countertops and modern bar stools.  It compliments the traditional style of this kitchen and keeps it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment